• Students: Get parking permits at Annex office

Billboard Top Hits 8/5

1. Despacito

Tops the Billboard Hot 100 for 11th Week.
Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee’s collab, featuring Justin Bieber, moves to within five weeks of the chart’s longest reign.

“Despacito” (released on Universal Music Latino / Raymond Braun / SchoolBoy / Def Jam / UMLE / Republic Records) becomes one of just 23 singles to have topped the Hot 100 for at least 11 weeks, dating to the chart’s Aug. 4, 1958, inception. It’s the longest-leading Hot 100 No. 1 since Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You,” which led for 12 weeks in January through April. The record belongs to[raw] Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men’s “One Sweet Day,” which ruled for 16 weeks, in 1995-96.

“Despacito” dominates the Digital Song Sales chart for a 12th week, with 118,000 downloads sold (down 6 percent) in the week ending July 20, according to Nielsen Music; the remix with Bieber accounts for 77 percent of the song’s sales for a second consecutive week (and in line with its breakdown in recent weeks). The song is now within a week of matching the longest command on Digital Song Sales: The Chainsmokers’ “Closer,” featuring Halsey (2016), Mark Ronson’s “Uptown Funk!,” featuring Bruno Mars (2015), and Flo Rida’s “Low,” featuring T-Pain (2007-08), each led for 13 weeks.

2. Wild Thoughts

DJ Khaled, Rihanna & Bryson Tiller’s ‘Wild Thoughts’ Hits No. 1 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart

As it ascends to No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100, DJ Khaled’s “Wild Thoughts,” featuring Rihanna and Bryson Tiller, mounts the summit of the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart (dated July 29) in its fourth week on the tally.

“Thoughts” rises with gains at radio, earning a 5-4 lift on the R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart and jumping to 30 million in audience in the week ending July 16, according to Nielsen Music, a gain of 35 percent.

3.That’s What I Like

Bruno Mars 

“That’s What I Like” is still performing well on the Hot 100, even though Mars has moved on to promoting the third proper single from his most recent album. While the pop star is busy helping “Versace On The Floor” to achieve greatness, “Like” remains inside the top five for yet another frame, proving that while it might not have enjoyed a lengthy tenure sitting on the throne, it is beloved by the American people, and now Mars can claim a special place in charting history with his newest standout tune.

sources: https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2017/07/20/bruno-mars-thats-what-i-like-is-now-the-longest-running-no-1-on-the-rb-chart/#43c325f42410

http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100