• Friday 10/11 at 7:30 PM GHS Varsity Football vs Rouse

• Talent Show Auditions will be held from 4:00-5:00 PM on October 17 2017 in the GHS Choir room.

• PAP & AP students may fill out a waiver at the office to restore UIL eligibility

• PSAT October 11th for 10th/11th graders, October 18th for 9th graders

• Students: Get parking permits at Annex office

• First Georgetown Varsity Football game this Friday September first in Waco against the Brewer Bears.

• Students pick up textbooks from the book-room before school and at lunches beginning August 23

• District names Southwest Foods Excellence as the district’s food services provider

Texas D1 football

Texas College Teams

The start of the Tom Herman era didn’t live up to the hype. The Longhorns lost to the Maryland Terrapins 51-41 at home. Shane Buechele, the starting quarterback has a bruised shoulder and it is unknown how long he will be out for,and Texas lost there rank. On the bright side freshman qb Sam Ehlinger had a great game against San Jose State. The Longhorns beat the Spartans 56-0.Texas could still have a bounce back season. They nearly beat USC this weekend losing in double overtime 27-24 and showed major improvement.

Texas A&M isn’t off to a good start either. At the beginning of the game they were dominating going up 38-10 at half time. Then they came out in the second half and only scored six. However they gave up 35 points in the second half. 28 of which scored in the 4th quarter. This could be Kevin Sumlin’s  last year at A&M. They won there week 2 game 24-14, but they were highly favored to win. This week they beat Louisiana Lafayette 45-21.

The Baylor Bears are off to an embarrassing 0-3 start with both losses to huge underdogs at home. They lost to liberty 48-45 and UTSA 17-10. They aren’t looking like they are going to have the winning seasons they’ve had. They just brought in there new coach Matt Rhule and if they were to fire him it could make they’re program have even worse of a reputation than they already gathered do to allegations. They have over the last few years. Duke just beat them 34-20.

Texas Tech did get a win against Eastern Washington 56-10 and  are one of the only Texas teams with a win in week 1. They were highly favored and delivered. The offense once again looked great. The problem last year was the defense and they did show major improvement only giving up 10 points the entire game.In week 3 Texas Tech took a 2-0 start with a win 52-45.

Number 23 in the nation TCU is undefeated and just beat Arkansas 28-7. They look like the best team in texas right now. Last week they beat Jackson State 63-0. They are tied for first in the Big 12. This week they struggled against SMU but at the end won 56-36.

The Houston Cougars after having a canceled game to do Hurricane Harvey got a win against the Arizona Wildcats 19-16 in week 2. They look very talented again this year with coach Applewhite as head coach do to Tom Herman leaving for Texas. They had Texas Strong uniforms on in support of Harvey relief. They played rival Rice 38-3 on Saturday.