• The Georgetown varsity football team has a home game vs. Hays on Thursday, September 7 @ 7p.

• First Georgetown Varsity Football game this Friday September first in Waco against the Brewer Bears.

• Students pick up textbooks from the book-room before school and at lunches beginning August 23

• District names Southwest Foods Excellence as the district’s food services provider

• Teachers report back to work: Aug 10

• GHS Open House: Sept. 13

The Aftermath: Anti-Trump Protesters

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 12: A crowd marches from Union Square to Trump Tower in protest of new Republican president-elect Donald Trump on November 12, 2016 in New York, United States. The election of Trump as president has sparked protests in cities across the country.  (Photo by Yana Paskova/Getty Images)

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 12: A crowd marches from Union Square to Trump Tower in protest of new Republican president-elect Donald Trump on November 12, 2016 in New York, United States. The election of Trump as president has sparked protests in cities across the country. (Photo by Yana Paskova/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

Haley VanderHaar

Friday-Saturday night, November 11th-12th, Portland, Oregon was overrun by thousands of anti-Trump protesters. The protests were anything but peaceful, and some even characterized it as a riot. The night amounted to one million dollars in property damage and 112 arrests.

Of the 112 protesters arrested, a minimum of seventy-nine did not vote or was not registered to vote in the 2016 election. An estimated 30% did vote in the 2016 election. A small number of the Portland, Oregon protesters came from out of state, like Texas and California. Others did not have addresses listed in court records.

One protester, Kevin Grigsby, was not only arrested but also did not vote.

Grigsby said, “I did not (vote) and the reason why is because we know that the electoral college is really what matters the most. And I think that we need to change that because your vote doesn’t matter if you don’t have enough electoral college points.”

Recently, history teachers at a New York high school allowed students to skip class to join the anti-Trump protests. At the same school, English teachers, disagreed with their colleagues decisions, and threatened to punish any students who skipped class. The Department of Education told officials that students would not be allowed to skip class, and would be punished if they did.

Protesters chanted, “No Trump, No KKK, No racist USA!”

“Kids are crazy,” a NYC student reacted. “They fail to realize that America voted for him.”

Georgetown High School students reacted to the anti-Trump protests around the country.

“I think that they should just stop and go home,” said GHS junior Lauryn Best.

Olivia Unkle said,”I don’t know much but I think it’s their right to protest it. However, the decision was made and whatever happens happens.”