• Students: Get parking permits at Annex office

10 Foods That are Bad for your Heart

Evan Chen, Contreebitory

Before you start to read this list, I just want to warn you, heart disease is pretty much inevitable, this is only 10 out of a million other foods that are bad for your heart. I mean my favorite food is on this list… Well 2nd favorite, but I’m getting off topic here, the point I’m trying to make is that you don’t have to follow what this list says is unhealthy.

1. Biscuits

Image result for biscuits

Don’t you love biscuits? All buttery and fluffy, add gravy and bacon and it’s even better. Well, this delicious breakfast food is great for giving you heart disease. They are stuffed with sodium and saturated fats, plus they barely have any fiber which contributes towards the imbalance of good nutrients.

2. Pizza

Image result for pizza

What’s wrong with pizza? The cheese, it’s the largest source of saturated fat in the average american diet. It has also been linked this to heart disease as it clogs your arteries real easily, but let’s face it, this is pizza, so I don’t think any of us are gonna stop eating this delectable food.

3. Fried Chicken

Image result for fried chicken

How could you stop eating fried chicken, how? It’s so crunchy, and has a pretty much infinite amount of pairing sides. Like there’s Mac ‘n’ Cheese, Waffles, Grits, Coleslaw, Mashed Potatoes, Biscuits, Hush Puppies… the list goes on and on. However just one piece of fried chicken can have up to 910 milligrams of sodium and 19 grams of fat, that’s an easy way to increase your chances of heart disease.

4. Cheeseburgers

Image result for cheeseburger

So you know how at the start of this article I said my 2nd favorite food was on this list? Well here it is, the cheeseburger. How could you not like a cheeseburger, unfortunately, the taste of the burger comes at a price. It’s flavor mainly comes from the salt and saturated fat, which as I’ve said a million other times, it gonna give you heart disease. Will this stop people from eating it? No, I don’t think so, and it shouldn’t.

5. French Fries and Ketchup

Image result for french fries

What’s a perfect side for the burger? French fries and ketchup. This tasty dish is pretty much just potatoes dipped in oil and seasoned with salt, not the healthiest side dish. As for it’s most popular pairing condiment ketchup, well, just one dip can contain up to 4 grams of sugar and over 160 milligrams of salt. That spikes up the sodium level of some already salty french fries.

6. Milkshakes

Image result for milkshakes pictures

Milkshakes are the key to a great fast food meal am I right? I’m right, but that’s not the point I’m trying to make. The problem is that milkshakes are a delicious blend of ice cream, milk and crumbled sweets, while that may sound good on paper, and tastes even better, all those sugary sweets add up to give you 4 times as much sugar than you need per day. Not the best for your health.

7. Bacon

Image result for bacon

Okay so this was an obvious pick on the list, we all saw this coming right? Well anyways I’ll explain either way just cause. So if you didn’t know this already, bacon has a ton of fat, and not the good ones, it has saturated fat, but the real question is does it matter? I don’t think so, this breakfast meat is just too good.

8. Pie

Image result for pie

Every good food is on this list, well almost every, but pie is no exception. It’s actually pretty fatty believe it or not… take that back believe it that’s the only option now. Anyways it contains sweeteners such as table sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, maple syrup, honey, molasses, etc. you get the point, and as usual sugar is still a great source for heart disease making this delicious dessert number 8 on this list.

9. Potato Chips

Related image

This shouldn’t be a shocker to many, but yes, potato chips are not the key to a health heart. They’re high in fat and sodium, and while they may seem thin and barely pack any weight, chances are you’re gonna be consuming a lot of them to make up for that craving.

10. Soda

Related image

Soda pairs well with pretty much anything, unfortunately it has sugar, like a lot of sugar, so much sugar that it actually contributes to you gaining weight, considering the fact that you’re lazy and have no life so you read boring articles like this one all day. Just kidding, but seriously this sweet drink stops your heart from pumping properly and can cause cancer, not to mention the obvious part, heart disease, because that what this story is about, pretty much any good food in the entire world will give you heart disease, so just eat whatever you want.

http://www.eatthis.com/heart-disease-food/

https://www.prevention.com/food/7-worst-foods-for-your-heart/slide/1