• The Georgetown varsity football team has a home game vs. Hays on Thursday, September 7 @ 7p.

• First Georgetown Varsity Football game this Friday September first in Waco against the Brewer Bears.

• Students pick up textbooks from the book-room before school and at lunches beginning August 23

• District names Southwest Foods Excellence as the district’s food services provider

• Teachers report back to work: Aug 10

• GHS Open House: Sept. 13

At Home During Spring Break

Rachel Petty, Features Editor

We are less than two weeks away from spring break where we will be greeted with an entire week of freedom away from tests, homework, quizzes, and projects. What could be better? Many have pre marked their calendars (I know I have) and have planned some super spectacular trip to take during the week of no rules. The unfortunate thing is that not everyone can afford to take a trip away from home sweet home. Here are some non-vacation related spring break activities.

1. Go On A Road Trip: I’m talking about something simple and inexpensive. Hop in a car with a couple of friends and drive somewhere semi close but yet something new and different to you. At least you will get yourself out of the house.

2. Read: Pick up that book you’ve been putting off reading for the past year and allow yourself to get escape reality and be swept up in an amazing story.

3. Exercise: Who cares if you don’t have a cool bathing suit to rock on an enchanted beach? Exercise a little and come back refreshed and toned.

4. Make a Collage: Go out and take some pictures around your house or just cut out some photos from the closest magazine and make a collage. It can take a lot of time and by the end of it, you’ll have something really awesome to hang up in your room.

5. Get a Job: As boring as that sounds, getting a job is sure to keep you busy and even earn you a little bit of pocket change for future vacations on spring break!

6. Hang Out With Your Family: Sometimes we don’t give our families enough time and enough credit. We hopefully won’t be under their roofs forever so why not enjoy the time we have left with them?

7. Relax: This is by far the most important one on this list. Take some time for YOU. Get away from the normal things that cause so much stress and take a moment to breathe. You’ll definitely appreciate it.