• The Georgetown varsity football team has a home game vs. Hays on Thursday, September 7 @ 7p.

• First Georgetown Varsity Football game this Friday September first in Waco against the Brewer Bears.

• Students pick up textbooks from the book-room before school and at lunches beginning August 23

• District names Southwest Foods Excellence as the district’s food services provider

• Teachers report back to work: Aug 10

• GHS Open House: Sept. 13

The First 100 days of President Donald Trump

Grant McGinnity

100 days have passed since January 20th 2017, the day President Trump was inaugurated at our nations capital. He has currently signed 24 executive orders met with many world leaders such as Israel, China, Japan, the U.K, and Canada. Currently he is trying to repeal and replace Obamacare and pass tax reforms, and the government is balancing a budget while Trump is fighting for his border wall to be funded.

Trump’s executive orders range from better trade and promotion of historically African American colleges to increased I.C.E (Immigration control officers). One of his more controversial moves was an immigration bill that stopped people from immigrating from seven Middle Eastern countries. This bill only blocked entry for 90 days. The goal of the order was to allow a break in immigration from these countries, so a better vetting system could be put in place to properly screen immigrants.

Trump has also made some military decisions such as a missile strike in Syria in response to Assad using chemical weapons on his own people. He has also been a major supporter of expanding the military, and has said that action against North Korea is possible if they continue their nuclear testing.

Other things he has done- Trump has pulled the U.S.A from the Trans Pacific Partnership, a trade deal that has many supporters and critics on both politico parties. He also signed the go ahead on Key-Stone Xl Pipeline and Dakota access Pipeline and their construction will provide many Americans new jobs, as well as harming the environment. In a controversial move, he stopped Federal Funding of Planned Parenthood, an organization that provides many women with healthcare, and provides abortions. Currently Trump is working on major tax cuts for the small businesses and middle class Americans to allow an economic boom.

Trump has only been in office for 1/16 of his first of a possible two terms. He has kept many campaign promises such as increased immigration enforcement and reducing regulations on businesses. Only time will tell how the world looks back on his presidency.