• The Georgetown varsity football team has a home game vs. Hays on Thursday, September 7 @ 7p.

• First Georgetown Varsity Football game this Friday September first in Waco against the Brewer Bears.

• Students pick up textbooks from the book-room before school and at lunches beginning August 23

• District names Southwest Foods Excellence as the district’s food services provider

• Teachers report back to work: Aug 10

• GHS Open House: Sept. 13

Georgetown Basketball v.s. Cedar Park

Ricky Torres

It was a tough game for both teams, with 9 lead changes leading into the 4th quarter of basketball with 8 minutes to decide a winner.

34 to 35, Cedar Park leading with the start of the 4th quarter, Cedar Park coming out on fire with 3 threes in a row pushing the lead up 9 points with the score of 34 to 44. Coach Miller takes a time out to see what went wrong on the defensive side and what changes could be made to stop the streak of 3 pointers being made. After Coach Miller talked to the Eagles, Georgetown brought out a new type of energy with Beau Corrales hyping up the team determined for a win. 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the Georgetown Eagles are focused and fresh minded, Kaden Herbert leading the Eagles to a 10 to 3 ran down the stretch with a few jump shots and assists to get his team back into the game with the score being 44 to 47, the Eagles down by 3 points with 2 and a half minutes to go.

The intensity rose and the fans got louder, the Cedar Park Timberwolves coming down the court again, knocking down 3 pointers. The student section for the Timberwolves got so crazy after a fast break 3 for Cedar Park that a technical foul was called, having an opportunity for the Eagles to shoot a free throw and getting the ball back. The score being 50 to 45 point lead for the Timberwolves.

1 minute left in the 4th quarter and the Eagles down by just 5 points. Matt Tap inbounding the ball to Cooper Bell looking for Chandler Herman for a wide open 3 pointer with 50 seconds to go, Eagles down by 2. Cedar Parks ball coming down the court, Beau Corrales gets a steal and turns it into a dunk on the other end with the game tied up 50 to 50.

35 seconds to go and the Eagles have tied the game up. As time goes by, 10 seconds left in the game and the Eagles are up by 5, 51 to 56. The Timberwolves desperately needing a shot, the Eagles have came back with the Timberwolves missing and hearts for Cedar Park being broken. A tough on the road win for the Georgetown Eagles brings the game to a close.