• Ruby Slipper Fashion Show all three lunches Feburary 14th in the cafeteria.

• Students: Get parking permits at Annex office

• District names Southwest Foods Excellence as the district’s food services provider

Iron Man 3 – A review: The Road to Infinity war.

Travis Prine, Contributor

Iron Man 3 is a 2013 American superhero film directed by Shane Black and was distributed into theaters by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

Knowing that, Infinity war is almost here, I decided to give the older films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe a re-watch.

The Plot: The events of Loki’s attack on New York City has left Tony Stark a completely changed man. Now saddled with a severe case of insomnia and post-traumatic stress disorder, Tony spends his sleepless nights the only way he knows how – coming up with new prototypes for the Iron Man suit. Now new events require that Tony suit up again, a villainous madman known only as the Mandarin has staged a horrible attack on the Chinese Theater in Los Angeles and is coming for Tony. An angry Tony wants to confront the Mandarin face to face, who proceeds to stage an attack on Tony’s Malibu mansion, which leaves him with absolutely nothing – no Pepper, and no toys except for a defunct Iron Man prototype called the Mark 42. Stranded in the middle of Tennessee, Tony believes the attack on the Chinese Theater ,and that an attack on a small town in Tennessee are related. As he puts the pieces together and tries to get the Mark 42 working, he discovers far more sinister forces at work greater than the Mandarin himself.

Characters:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Tony Stark: A self-described genius, billionaire, playboy, and philanthropist with mechanical suits of armor of his own invention. This film changes the character tremendously making him more cautious with his actions setting the stage for events of future movies such as Avengers: Age of Ultron. Robert Downey Jr. is still as like able as ever though providing a more serious take on the character, but all his great chemistry with James Rhodes and Pepper Potts is still there.

The Mandarin: Mysterious and menacing, the Mandarin seems to be Iron Man’s ultimate adversary but is he really?

Aldrich Killian: The founder and owner of the science and development organization Advanced Idea Mechanics, Killian is a scientific genius, dead set on revenge and fame, sick of being shafted to the side while people like Tony Stark get all the press.

Quality: With some of the best effects in the franchise and a killer original soundtrack Iron Man 3 offers a lot of spectacle, but some fans do feel the direction the characters were taken were a bit jarring. Though most Iron Man fans stayed Iron Man fans by the films end seeing the character taken to such a low haunted by trauma was hard to watch, and the direction the Mandarin was taken was different and disappointing for some. The acting is great even with the plot being the typical guy who is jealous and wants revenge against Tony Stark deal like the two previous movies, but the risks the movie take make the film different and stand on its own in the franchise, growing the characters.

Overall: Iron Man 3 isn’t the best movie starring the character, but it’s still a good time, with many thrilling scenes and well done character development. Though some of the movies choices may be a little jarring to some, the good and fresh ideas really elevate the movie in my opinion, and Stan Lee’s cameo is pretty darn good.

Rating 7/10