• The Georgetown varsity football team has a home game vs. Hays on Thursday, September 7 @ 7p.

• First Georgetown Varsity Football game this Friday September first in Waco against the Brewer Bears.

• Students pick up textbooks from the book-room before school and at lunches beginning August 23

• District names Southwest Foods Excellence as the district’s food services provider

• Teachers report back to work: Aug 10

• GHS Open House: Sept. 13

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Grant McGinnity

Though being nearly ten years old, The Force Unleashed is still a super fun Star Wars game where you play as Galen Marrick aka StarKiller. This game is currently relevant because if you own an Xbox 360 or Xbox One you can get it for the cheap price of free until March 3rd 2017.

Plot: Though the story is now called legends (which means its not part of Disney’s Star Wars) the game still offers a interesting story with cool characters. The protagonist is Galen Marrick, Darth Vader’s secret apprentice who is tasked with killing the remaining Jedi who survived order 66. Eventually Galen learns about his past before Vader which changes his life forever.

Gameplay: The Force Unleashed is a very easy game to pick up and play, but if you want you can increase the difficulty and try and learn all the cool combos and special moves. This can really fun because fighting harder enemies and have to be very precise with your attacks. There also strategy because you have to pick what you want to upgrade. You can make your character have a lot of health and energy but have limited attacks, or upgrade your attacks but not have much health. The combat works really well and is very fast paced. This game also offers some really fun boss fights against Jedi masters, Sith lords, and huge Star Wars monsters.

Graphics: Force Unleashed is a older game being 9 years old, but its graphics are not too bad. The characters animations are a little big blurry, but other than that the actual maps you play on, the spaceships, and creatures all look great. The sound and music is pretty much pulled out of the films which I like because Star Wars isn’t the same without John Williams music.

Overall: Force Unleashed is a very cheap game you can get it for about five dollars on Ps3 Wii or Xbox 360/One. Its a very enjoyable game with a interesting story with some twists. Its also one of the only Star Wars games were you can be a Sith Lord and cut down mass numbers of enemies and use cool force powers. I highly recommend it.

7/10