• The Georgetown varsity football team has a home game vs. Hays on Thursday, September 7 @ 7p.

• First Georgetown Varsity Football game this Friday September first in Waco against the Brewer Bears.

• Students pick up textbooks from the book-room before school and at lunches beginning August 23

• District names Southwest Foods Excellence as the district’s food services provider

• Teachers report back to work: Aug 10

• GHS Open House: Sept. 13

Top 5 Anticipated Games for 2017

Caitlin LaCour

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an upcoming open world action-adventure video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch. It stars the titular character Link in an open-world full of exploration and adventure.

Red Dead Redemption 2

red_dead_redemption_2Red Dead Redemption 2 is an upcoming open world western action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar Studios and published by Rockstar Games for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Q3/Q4 2017. The original Red Dead Redemption was about a cowboy John Marston and his quest for revenge in the wild west. It’s considered by many as one of the best open-world games of all time. Not much is known about the sequel yet.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

download-4Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is an upcoming survival horror video game developed and published by Capcom. It is set to release January 24, 2017 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. The game will be the eleventh entry into the main Resident Evil series, and the first main series installment to be played from a first-person perspective. The game is set approximately 4 years after the events of Resident Evil 6 in the fictional city of Dulvey, Louisiana in the Southern United States. It features a new protagonist named Ethan Winters. Ethan is searching for his missing wife, Mia, which leads him to a derelict plantation mansion, home of the Baker family.

Prey

prey_cover_artPrey is an upcoming first-person shooter video game developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. The game is scheduled for release in 2017 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It is a reboot of the original 2006 game under the same title, Prey, which was a first-person shooter with the player in control of the protagonist Tommy as he explores the gigantic extra-terrastial craft Sphere and fights its inhabitants aboard. In the 2017 reboot, he player takes the role of Morgan Yu, a human aboard a space station with numerous hostile aliens. To survive, the player controls Yu to collect and use weapons and resources aboard the station to fend off and defeat the aliens.

Outlast 2

download-5Outlast 2 is an upcoming first-person survival horror video game developed and published by Red Barrels and will be released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It is the sequel to the 2013 video game Outlast, and features a journalist named Blake Langermann, along with his wife Lynn, roaming the Arizona desert to explore the murder of a pregnant woman, Jane Doe. Unfortunately, Blake and Lynn get separated in a helicopter crash, and Blake has to find his wife while traveling through a village inhabited by a cult who believes the end of days is upon them.