• The Georgetown varsity football team has a home game vs. Hays on Thursday, September 7 @ 7p.

• First Georgetown Varsity Football game this Friday September first in Waco against the Brewer Bears.

• Students pick up textbooks from the book-room before school and at lunches beginning August 23

• District names Southwest Foods Excellence as the district’s food services provider

• Teachers report back to work: Aug 10

• GHS Open House: Sept. 13

JackBox Party Pack 3 review

Grant McGinnity

The Jackbox Party Pack is the 3rd compilation of games released by Jackbox. It is currently available to download on Xbox One, Steam, PS4, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and a few other media devices. Like most Jackbox games, you have to use either a mobile device or computer to play as well as having a device with the game downloaded on it such as an Xbox.

The pack includes five original games ranging from 1-8 players they are Guesspionage, Quiplash 2, Trivia murder party, Fakin’it, and Tee K o.

Quiplash 2: Quiplash was the hit game from the second party pack, so it’s no surprise they made a sequel. It’s very similar to the original. Everyone is given prompts and you try to come up with the best response and the other players in the room vote on their favorite. The big change is now you can write your own prompts and the final round has been totally revamped. The game is still hilarious and a joy to play and greatly improves on the original with lots of needed subtle changes.

Fakin’It: In Fakin it one player picks something for everyone to do- for example, point at someone who burps a lot or raise your hand if you have ever gotten a speeding ticket. One person in the room knows what they have to do such as raise their hand but they do not know what the question is. They are the faker, and the rest of the players are trying to find out who this faker is. It’s a pretty interesting game because the faker is always trying to deceive the other players and act like he knows what’s going on. Also some of the questions are pretty funny and you may learn thing about your friends you don’t want to know.

Guesspionage: In Guesspionage, one player is giving a question, like how many people don’t wear seat belts, and they try to guess it. Then all the other players try to guess it, and it ends up being pretty boring. Easily the worst game in the package, but since all the other games are fun the package is still worth it.

Trivia Murder party: Trivia Murder party is easily one of the best Jackbox games. It’s a mix of all their best titles into one. Up to 8 players are in this “trivia game”. You get asked really obscure questions about all sorts of topics, and if you get one wrong you go to the killing floor. In the killing floor all sorts of things can happen. You may have to do 18 math problems in a minute, draw a picture, come up with a response to a question, or memorize a pattern. If you fail your task in the killing floor, you die. If you die, you continue to play until all but one player is dead.Then you have an intense scene where you try to get more questions right than the last alive player and if you do your ghost can take their body and win the game.

Tee K’O: Tee K’O is the weirdest game in the pack. First all the players draw a bunch of random pictures. Then you write slogans or sentences. After doing both those things, all the players slogans and pictures are divided to everyone, so you may have pictures from one friend and slogans from another. Then you match a slogan and picture together that you think would be the funniest. It then makes your picture face off against the other players and you vote for your favorite until there is only one standing. You do this for a few rounds and then all the winners face off until there is only one which is the winning t’shirt.

Overall, the Jackbox Party Pack 3 is easily the best one. Every single game is a winner, except for Guesspionage. Quiplash is still hilarious, T’ee K’O is fun for people who like drawing, Trivia Murder Party is super unique and has something for all types of people, and Fakin’it is a fun game with lots of lies and learning your friends dark secrets. For 25 dollars this is the ultimate party game that is definitely worth the price.

Rating 9/10