• Baylor Scott & White Physicals: May 20

• Senior Skip Day Monday, April 24

• Saturday 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM Prom

• Holiday - Good Friday 4/14/2017

• Library Nights tutorials Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:15pm-6:15pm

Dressed For Love

Cheyenne Vargas

Valentine’s Day is coming up and everyone is either a cynic or a hopeless romantic. Some people take that chance and ask the person they want out on a date or others in relationships plan for a big date or even a group of friends plan on just getting together and hanging out because valentine’s day is “overrated”. So if you’re running around frantic, trying to figure out something to wear, here are some ideas.

1. Hanging out with a group of friends: You can rock a black tank top with dark blue jeans and a baby pink cardigan with cute brown booties. Just throw your hair up and put on some light makeup and go out and have fun with your girls!

2. First Date: Okay, so the guy you’ve been wanting to ask you out for the past month did, and you want to make a good first impression so what do you wear? He’ll most likely take you on a more subtle date than going out for a $50 meal, maybe a small mom and pop restaurant. You can wear a floral sundress with nude wedges and curl your hair. Maybe wing your eyeliner to draw more attention to your eyes. If you have brown eyes, wear pink eyeshadow; blue eyes, go for more neutral colors; and green eyes, go for darker colors.

3. Shopping Date: We all know that guys aren’t the most thoughtful when it comes to giving things on anniversaries and, in this case, Valentine’s Day. So if he just takes you out and lets you pick and choose what you want, don’t bother arguing because at least he’s still trying to make you happy. You could honestly go really casual for this, maybe some jeans and a flowy shirt with your hair half up and half down. You still want to look nice if he takes you out to eat.

4. Picnic: Going out to Austin and having a nice picnic at Zilker, listening to music and looking at the skyline is a really simple but still romantic date so you could get away with wearing some white shorts with a red, open back shirt and some comfy sneakers, maybe some converse. Straighten your hair but make sure you bring a hair tie in case the wind starts to pick up.

5. Art Museum: Going to an art museum seems pretty intimidating at first. You can’t touch anything and it’s usually pretty quiet. But you can still look just as good as the art by wearing a black, skin tight tank top dress with deep red heels and cream colored cardigan. By the end of the date, he’ll have had his eyes on you more than the paintings.

6. Dancing: Now this is a high speed type of date and you’ll probably end up sweating, in a good way. So you want to go with as minimum amount of makeup as you can get, just face makeup, eyebrows, eyeliner, and mascara would do. Definitely wear a red flowy dress with comfortable black heels (I know, heels can never be that comfortable but you can tough it out, girl code!)

7. Movie Date: There’s always going to be a hyped up movie that comes out the day of Valentine’s Day so you know that it’ll be packed so try to go to the dollar theater and watch a movie that you’ve been wanting to see but never had the chance to. You could wear some jeans, little booties, and a sweater (so you could sneak in snacks).

8. Puppy Date: There’s nothing cuter than a guy who owns and takes care of his puppy so if you have one also, you guys can take them to the doggy park and play with your dogs as a cute date. You can wear some athletic leggings and a plain old t-shirt with some sneakers. It’s a cute, comfortable date, not so much stress on the both of you guys.

9. At Home Date: There’s nothing wrong with NOT going out for Valentine’s Day. If both of you guys are balling on a budget, you can order some Chinese food and rent a few rom-coms and stay in. The best part about that is you can stay in your pj’s! It’s the best stress-free Valentine’s.

10. The Big Date: Now, if you guys have been together for a while and your man has been planning this night all month, this puts a little bit of pressure on you. Picking the right and perfect outfit for the night could be a strenuous process but you honestly don’t have to try all that hard. You can try wearing a red or maroon dress and some black heels or even a simple black dress with red heels. Also, you can never go wrong with doing a little bit of smokey eyes. Regardless of what you wear or how you do your makeup, your man will still think you’re the prettiest girl in the room.