• Baylor Scott & White Physicals: May 20

• Senior Skip Day Monday, April 24

• Saturday 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM Prom

• Holiday - Good Friday 4/14/2017

• Library Nights tutorials Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:15pm-6:15pm

Welcoming Donald J Trump as the 45th President of the United States

Grant McGinnity

Donald Trump, who clenched the Republic party nomination in July, has defeated his opponent Hillary Clinton of the Democratic party. He secured the victory by 279 to 228 electoral votes, yet Clinton defeated him in the popular vote by a slim margin, 59,704,886 to Clinton’s 59,938,290. So, what are some of Trump’s policies and plans after January 20th when he is officially put in office?

Supreme Court
: Keith Blackwell ,Charles Canady, Neil Gorsuch, Mike Lee, Edward Mansfield, Federico Moreno, Margaret A. Ryan, Amul Thapar, Timothy Tymkovich, Robert Young are some of the state and federal judges Trump is looking putting into power. They all share conservative ideals like Mr. Trump’s. Trump has the possibility to replace 4 judges but a guaranteed at least one. With Justice Antonin Gregory Scalia’s passing last year, Trump will replace his seat with a Justice of his choice.

POLICIES:  Trump hopes to secure the United States borders by building a wall on our southern border where many people from Latin America currently cross illegally to live here. He proposes that Mexico will pay for it by threatening to sever all trade with them if they do not. He also plans to deport illegal immigrants who are committing crimes or are member of drug cartels. He also will secure the border by having extreme vetting on any country where terrorist groups such as ISIS are. This will make sure, he says, we are not letting people into are country who will commit acts of Jihad.

Trade: Trump will not pass the Trans Pacific Partnership, which is a trade deal that destroys tariffs which are taxes on imported good which, he says, would really hurt America’s farmers across the country. He also hopes to renegotiate NAFTA. NAFTA raised the tariffs too high on American-made goods in Canada and Mexico. This led to a lot of industry in the USA going bankrupt because they weren’t profitable. He will also negotiate with China who is one of out biggest trade partners.

Healthcare: Trump will repeal and replace Obamacare, which costed many people their doctors and raised their premiums by over 100% in some cases. He wants to create a new system that is patient friendly and will give American’s many choices and options for health care.

Other Policies: Trump hopes to maintain relationships with other countries, but says he is going to make sure they pay their fair share and pull their weight in global conflicts. He wants to lower taxes which will allow people and businesses to keep more of their hard-earned dollars. This will allow all businesses small and big to grow, and allow the poor to keep more of their paycheck. He wants to reform the VA (Veteran Affairs), so we can provide better care for the men and women who have served for our nation. Trump supports building our military for the threats of tomorrow. Lastly, he will rewrite the tax code to allow working parents to deduct from their income taxes child care expenses for up to four children and elderly dependents. Trump says he will allow parents to enroll in tax-free dependent care savings accounts for their children or elderly relatives, create a new, dynamic market for family-based and community-based solutions and provide 6 weeks of paid leave to new mothers before returning to work.

Those are some of the biggest feats Mr.Trump hopes to accomplish in his time leading the nation, and he believes will MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!