• Baylor Scott & White Physicals: May 20

• Senior Skip Day Monday, April 24

• Saturday 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM Prom

• Holiday - Good Friday 4/14/2017

• Library Nights tutorials Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:15pm-6:15pm

Logan- Movie Review

Grant McGinnity

Logan is the newest film in Fox’s X-men franchise, starring Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Patrick Stewart as Professor X, and Dafne Keen as X-23.

Plot:The X-men are gone, with Wolverine and Professor X being all that’s left, but when a little girl comes into their life the old Wolverine is forced to use his powers again.

Characters:  Wolverine: Wolverine or Logan played by Hugh Jackman was just done. It was so interesting to see the character so fed up with life and done being a hero. But it also felt natural and based on events that you have seen in previous X-Men movies or new ones they mention or you see in this movie, it makes since for Wolverine to be this way. Hugh has great chemistry with X-23 the little girl and Professor X, so no emotion feels forced. The relationship between Logan and Professor X was defiantly the most interesting because of all the things they been through together and how they are the last of the X-Men.

Professor X:Professor X is old and senile in this movie. He is mentally unstable and can’t control his powers making him very dangerous. He serves as a mentor to Logan and tries to make him be a hero again and get out off the darkness.

X-23: X-23 doesn’t talk for half of the film and is mainly defined by action. She is still a very entertaining character and has good chemistry with the two older stars of the film. Also the main story of this film is about her origin.

Film Quality: Being the first R-Rated Wolverine you would expect lots of gore and guts which is the case. Thankfully, it’s not to over the top and the blood doesn’t look cheesy. The action scenes are very well shot with no shakey cam so you can take in all the awesome stuff Wolverine is doing to nameless thugs. The CGI is pretty good with all the explosions and claws looking slick and realistic. The setting the film takes place in are interesting, fit the tone, and it never feels bland or dull.

Overall: Logan is a nice goodbye to Hugh Jackman’s portrayal of the character he has nearly played for two decades. The movie seems to be afraid of exposition, making it hard to pick up on key events that have taken place before the movie. If you watch the movie you will pick up most of the general concepts of the plot, but if you’re not an eagle eyed viewer, you’re going to miss a lot of things you would want to know. The villain, though doing plenty of evil things that messed with Logan mentally and physically, wasn’t very memorable. He only had one scene that truly showed his brutally, but having a so-so villain didn’t bother me to much because the film is more focused on developing the Old Wolverine and X-23 the little girl.

Ending: Logan is a really fun action movie with a interesting plot that is a satisfying conclusion to the X-Men universe, but due to its lack of exposition it’s hard to pick up on. It has gruesome action scenes, foul language, and a great surprise at the beginning that I won’t spoil. All that combined I highly recommend this to anyone who grew up with this character or is an X-Men fan.

Score 8/10