• Baylor Scott & White Physicals: May 20

• Senior Skip Day Monday, April 24

• Saturday 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM Prom

• Holiday - Good Friday 4/14/2017

• Library Nights tutorials Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:15pm-6:15pm

What’s Coming Out in 2017

Grant McGinnity

It’s a new year and that means 365 days of new stuff to look forward too. 2017 is chock full of big blockbusters and video games.

January: Always a slow month for new stuff because it’s the month right after Christmas and people need time to recoup their money. The big news of this month is Donald Trump officially becoming the 45th president of the United States of America on January 20th.

February: The Lego Batman Movie, the spin off to 2014’s The Lego Movie, tells the story of Batman battling some of his greatest and lamest villains of all time, from Joker to the Eraser. February 10th 2017

Another big release is John Wick Chapter 2: This time Wick comes out of retirement when an old acquaintance tries to take over the assassins guild. February 10th 2017

Also, Fifty Shades Darker comes out in February, but I doubt anyone reading this is very interested in that garbage.

Lastly the 51st Superbowl is scheduled for this month.

March: Logan, Hugh Jackman’s last outing as the iconic character Wolverine. This time him and an aged Professor X are in a distant future where mutants are a rare sight. When they discover a little girl with extraordinary powers, they must keep her safe at all costs. March 3rd

Kong: Skull Island: The government sends in a team of scientists and military troops to investigate an island they were testing missiles on. Once there they discover there is more to this island then meets the eye. March 10th

Beauty and The Beast: The classic story gets a live action retelling starring Emma Watson as Belle. March 17th

April: Smurfs:The Lost Village A new fully animated smurfs film were the main characters try to find a lost village in hopes to discover there origin. April 7th

The Fate of the Furious is the 8th Fast and Furious movie and continues the epic tale of the elite drivers. April 14th

May: Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Peter Quill and company go on another zany space adventure that involves Peter’s Dad. May 5th

Alien Covenant: Sequel to Prometheus and prequel to the original Alien, in Covenant a group of space explorers think they found a paradise but soon find out they were very wrong. May 19

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell no Tales: For the 5th time, Jack Sparrow and company go on another adventure that involves a new adversary, Captain Salazar. May 26

June: Wonder Woman, the 4th Dc film in the universe is a prequel to Batman V. Superman and tells the character origin and her involvement in World War 1. June 2

Despicable Me 3: Gru and his new wife Lucy continue to go on missions to fight the villains of the world. June 30th

July: Spider-Man Home Coming: After aiding Tony Stark in Captain America Civil War, Peter returns home trying to return to his old life but with super powers and a new threat emerging, it’s hard for him to fit in.

War For the Planet of the Apes:  Caesar is forced into a brutal battle against a military colonel that will determine the future of both species, human and ape. July 14th

August: No notable releases

September: The Lego Ninjago Movie: Based on the successful toy line of the same name. The 5 ninjas and there sensei are going on an adventure on the big screen. September 22nd

October: Blade Runner 2049: A new Blade Runner is on a quest to find the old Blade runner who has been missing for thirty years. October 6th

Kingsman The Golden Circle: After the Kingsman’s headquarters is attacked they must come together to fight a new threat.

November: Justice League: Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg,  Aquaman, and the Flash team up to take on their biggest threat yet. November 17th

Thor Ragnorak: His father missing and a cosmic apocalypse approaching Thor, Loki, Hulk, and Dr.Strange team up to save the nine realms. November 3rd

Coco: A little boy named Miguel wants to be a musician, but when he uses his idols guitar he starts an epic adventure. November 22nd

December 2017: Star Wars Episode 8: Finn, Rey, Luke, Kylo-Ren and Poe continue their massive journey following the events of 2015’s Star Wars the Force Awakens.

Video games release dates don’t usually get announced till summer of this year but so far:

Injustice 2: The heroes and villains of the DC universe fight to the death.

Red Dead Redemption 2: Sequel to the epic western adventure game.

Star Wars Battlefront EA 2: The sequel to the most disappointing game of 2015. Maybe this time since a new team is making it, they will bring back the magic to this iconic Star Wars game series.

Zelda Breath of the Wild: After 2 years of waiting, the new Zelda adventure is expected the release this year, and is told to bring many new things to the series.

Spider-Man: The wall crawler is getting a new playable adventure only on Ps4. Not much is known about the story at this point.

Marvel vs Capcom (4) Characters from these 2 iconic franchises team up and fight to the death.